The truth of the matter is, not all wool area rugs are created the same. As incredible as wool is, it is just the beginning of the carpet making process. The difference truly lies in the manufacturing of Karastan Area Rugs.
- Often times, most rug sales companies use:
- Commissioned spinners
- And even tufters, to help create their products
Not Karastan -- Karastan Rugs are made in the U.S. to control every step of the manufacturing process so you can feel confident in your flooring purchase.
Karastan generally decides to use wool from New Zealand over other wool types, mainly because it offers incredible advantages:
- New Zealand wool is the purest, whitest wool in the world, offering excellent dyeing characteristics that create long-lasting colors.
- New Zealand wool is raised with little impact on the natural landscape. It is a renewable and biodegradable fiber that is one of the world’s most environmentally friendly products.
- New Zealand wool is produced on land mostly unsuitable for other agricultural purposes and does not compete with food production.
- No internationally banned pesticides are used on New Zealand farms, making New Zealand’s sheep industry one of the world’s greenest animal production systems.
- New Zealand wool is a superb natural product derived in an environmentally responsible way through sustainable land use.